For any questions email Dylan Dodson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Management Program
The intent of the project is to develop and launch a volunteer management program to support the sustainability Community Farm Program entrepreneurial program which addresses food insecurity — designed to support low income youth and families.
Support the development of the Community Farm Volunteer Management program to expand the reach of ABC2’s services with an emphasis on low-income residents of Halifax and Northampton County. Oct/November 2020
- Research possible partnerships with local organizations, cooperative Extensions, farmers, and educational organizations to provide community garden workshops and mentoring opportunities.
- Develop partnership with colleges and universities, specifically NC A&T State University and NC Universities.
- Develop a database with potential partners and volunteer activity log.
Research and launch Community Farm Advisory Board to ensure sustainability of Community Farm Project.
- Research and make recommendations of partners and community members to join the advisory.
- Develop governing policies in collaboration with the CEO.
- Convene advisory board members to provide insights on needs and engagement interests of community members.
- Network and engage prospective stakeholders to gauge program interest.
- Research and provide training opportunities for advisory board members that will include racial equity training and other ways to effectively engage with the community.
- Facilitate the training of program leaders and insure program delivery to the first cohort.
Develop Volunteer Database and Activity Log to monitor and management volunteer’s contributions and solicit feedback.
- Research, draft and complete Volunteer Policy and Procedure Handbook. Due: Thursday, September 24, 2020 by Chester B. Williams
- Develop a database of past and current volunteers. Due: Thursday, September 17, 2020 by Chester
- Research options for volunteer management data collection systems to create a Community Farm Volunteer Network. Due: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 by Alexis
- Make recommendations for full-time positions to support volunteer management work. Spring 2021
- Invite Potential Volunteers to the Garden on September 26, 2020 at the Farm. 25 – 35. Due: Thursday, September 24, 2020 by the entire team.
- Organize an annual volunteer appreciation opportunity to recognize and celebrate volunteer contributions. Aug/Sept 2021
Support the development of a comprehensive fundraising plan to support programs and outreach.
- Research and provide recommendations of sources of program funding, such as grants, sponsorships or in-kind donations.
- Create a database of potential funders from foundations and corporate philanthropy sources.
- Draft and submit at least 3 grants to support the project.
- Assess cost-effectiveness of fundraising events and modify as needed.